Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Winter Break

So like everyone else, I'm on winter break. HA! Like it matters! My attendance before I started staying home all day was like 26 out of 50-some days... I never saw this coming since I'm usually and overachiever. Anyways, I really want to go ice skating. I don't know why skating around in circles while freeze is so entertaining, but for some weird reason it is. Unfortunately, if I tried to go I'd probably fall over after about 10 minutes. Ha I always laugh at myself for my lack of stamina. Just a few days ago I was going from the basement to my room and I found that just so exhausting! Wimp. That's all i have to say to myself haha!

I realize this winter break might not include the things i'd normally do; In fact it might include a wheelchair... Yup. I'm going to Arizona to visit my family and one of the things I wanted to do that we didn't do last year was go to this park. There is quite a bit of walking involved so my mom is insisting on using a wheelchair. As much as I am reluctant to sit in a wheelchair and be wheeled around, I know that I would get tired within 10-15 minutes and it wouldn't be much fun for me.

I have to remember that if i do too much I will crash and it won't be good. My most recent crash was yesterday. On saturday, I had a burst of energy and I felt sooooo energetic and ready to clean and dance and bounce around. I'm sure it looked like I was hyped up on sugar or something because I really was so...Manic. Then on Sunday, I could tell that I definitely over did it the day before, yet I insisted on going to my gymnastics banquet. As soon as I walked in the room I was overwhelmed with people. It was good to be out of my house and be around people, especially my team. I didn't do THAT much at it but it sent me into a massive crash that night and into Monday. Oh gabby...don't you ever learn?! Hopefully, I won't make the same mistake and I can enjoy "winter break" (i should say time with family) without having too many crashes

As the New year approches, I wonder what the year is going to look like for me. Will I get better? Will I return to school? I really have no clue. So good luck to me on being patient!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm thinking I like this better than tumblr. Can I copy that part about crashing and paste it around the house as a reminder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which park? I'm excited to see you! Tante Joni

    ReplyDelete