Friday, December 30, 2011

La La La.. I forgot again

Dear Mom,
I will not put you in a old people's home for your sake or mine
Love, your favorite daughter


Today Mother and I accompanied my grandma to fill out "a few papers" but really it was 2 hours of this lady talking and they both agreed it was worse than closing on a house. For me, this experience was... boring and I didn't know that sitting and listening to someone talk would be energy draining. In the car, I was ready to fall over and sleep. How old people fit into this is because these papers that needed to be signed we for my grandpa and his new home. Who knew papers were so detailed. So mother, you will be living with me instead of a old people home because listening to all those papers again isn't worth it!


Shopping. this is completely a random subject, but i'm too lazy to start another post. In my family, we shop til we drop! yeeahh! Um...yeah now that term is... well ya know I'm either in a wheelchair or I'm sitting in the aisles in about 10 to 15 minutes. I was so reluctant on the whole wheelchair thing, but when I actually tried it, it made shopping a much better experience! Oh how I love those random stares of confusion and why I'm in a wheelchair when nothing appears to be wrong. I hate sitting in them because i feel short and ridiculous. I agreed on a wheelchair at McCormick park AKA the train park. This allowed me and my family to skip the 30-45 minute wait to ride the train. Earlier in the night it was a wait about an hour and a half wait because this little train took you around the whole park where they had christmas lights and displays galore. Oh how special I felt skipping that line... psh I'll take my advantages when given them!! 


I have this thing where I am constantly shaking and occasionally it goes away, but its really irritating because I feel like those old ladies who shake when pouring tea or something. I wonder if it happens to any other CFS/ME patients. Its totally random and veryyy annoying but whatever; it could be worse.  Its better than the Migraines! 


I hate forgetting everything. I was going to say something and I forgot what I was going to say. so annoying!!!!!!! This one friend I have used to not believe me when I said I forgot all these things so frequently. HA! well now I have a legit reason for my constant brain fog... I'm still trying to remember what I was going to say but maybe I'll remember later. Yes, I know today's post is kinda random but my whole life now is random; Full of random headaches, migraines, aches, tiredness, so on and so on. la la la... still haven't remembered what I wanted to say.


Hope everyone's having a fantastic holiday! And those with CFS, Don't over do it! the price to pay sucks when you try and rebel against it.

3 comments:

  1. I loved your random post, Gabby! That's just the way we with CFS think now, isn't it?

    Glad you're feeling well enough t enjoy some time with your grandparents. My 17-yo son, Jamie, is horribly crashed, and we are at his granddad's house. No fun to be that sick when you are away from home! (it's no fun anywhere but worse when you're not home).

    We haven't tried a wheelchair yet, but we may need to this week, if Jamie is no better when it is time to fly home.

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him the wheelchair is so worth it! I crashed after the park anyways but I crash after everything! Even though he might feel weird having people wheel him around, it really helps prevent those terrible awful crashes we try and avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Daughter, Thank you for taking care of me in my rapidly-approaching old age. Will you make sure I have my daily green tea, too? Thanks also for agreeing to use the wheelchair at McCormick Park. I know it was a difficult decision but sure was fun to ride the train and see the new exhibits! You hung in there well and we all appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete