Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Orthostatic Intolerance/Invisible Illness

Orthostatic intolerance (OI) is a subcategory of dysautonomia, a disorder of the autonomic nervous system occurring when an individual… that is copied directly from google.

Google’s definition is kind of dry so I’ll attempt to describe it. Every time I stand up I get lightheaded or dizzy. Most times my entire vision goes black, yet I’m still standing. Occasionally I’ll pass out or the room will start to spin. my facebook post where I said I was hugging the floor was because I drop to the floor or start hugging the wall… no joke!

My lovely little invisible illness leaves many people saying, “but you look fine…” Yay for you, you can see that I’m trying. I’m still capable of putting on make up, curling my hair, and wearing nice clothes. HOWEVER, most days I’m in sweats, a ponytail, and my glasses. That’s the confusing part to most people; Don’t be fooled by my apperance i’m still exhausted and probably have at least one random ache (head, stomach, arm, neck, foot, leg, etc.).

I started taking florinef today, and supposedly will help me to be able to do the things I normally do! I’m sending positive thoughts to my body! drinking lots of water and hoping! Now i’ve been on the computer for about 45 minutes and I’m thinking it’s nap time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment