Sunday, January 27, 2013

Old people are cute/2013

I KNOW THIS IS LATE(i forgot to post this on new years), but Congrats to the class of 2013! You are half way to graduation! ...I am done :) For anyone who didn't know, I passed my GED in the top 5th percentile and I am taking English Composition next semester! Whooo! It feel good to be getting on with life. 2012 was a sucky year and I'm hoping for better from 2013. I am thankful for a good doctor who has  been incredible helpful and a family who has given me all the love and support I could ask for.

Now, on a totally random note: I can't help but notice the similarities to me an old person. My grandma lives in a senior community and we were talking to one of her friends who was told she would need the tilt table test. Alright, I knew a lot of old people have POTS because the cardiologist didn't want to diagnose me with it for the reason that I would "be stuck with it for life and I'm too young." My meds box can definitely compete with someones of an older age, I use a wheelchair, I have handicap parking, I have a dog to keep me company, I forget easily, I'm not too active. The list could probably continue. HAHA, I find this amusing. Oh right I forgot the naps and talking to inanimate objects and pets.

Okay back to 2013. All I want is to get on with my life. Moving on has been hard, but I'm learning that things happen and when you can't change them you shouldn't dwell. I could spend all day playing WHAT IF...but really? whats the point when my energy is already limited as it is. So here is to 2013. Moving on and getting better. I wish I had a better way to end this post but all I got is a smooth sea never made a skillful sailor..... thanks pintrest :P Happy New Years Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This was a lovely post--I was inspired, I giggled and I paused to think--these are all good things. It seems like it should be January 5th or 6th but instead it is the 28th--I felt just right reading a new years post.

    Congratulations on your top 5th percentile score on the GED and thanks for sharing this update as well as your English Composition adventure. All the best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete