Tuesday, December 20, 2011

20 things about my illness

So a girl named Sara posted something similiar on her blog so i a few questions but its basically the same idea.

1. My illness is called: Chronic Fatigue Syndrom (cfs)
2. I’ve been sick since: January 2011 with mono, CFS since September 2011
3. The biggest adjustment I had to make: well… EVERYTHING. The most consistant thing in my life is my family and the part of my day where i sit on the couch. I can’t spend to much time standing or doing too much activity or I pay for it later.
4. Most people assume: That I’m faking it. Trust me I WISH I was faking it because then I might actually get my life back.
5. The hardest part of mornings: is the getting up part. usually when i get out of bed everything starts spinning or goes black.
6. How many doctors have I seen?: well a neuropychologist, a neurologist, a cardiologist, my primary care doctor, the lady who looked way too young to be a doctor (at hospital), the MRI lady, various number of nurses who ask the same questions every time.
7. Technology I can’t live without is: my phone or my ipod… its a toss up because my phone keeps me in touch with all my friends, but my ipod has more access to social networking!
8. The hardest part about nights: not being able to sleep but being exhausted.
9. Today I’m feeling: alright, no major headache just EXTREMELY tired.
10. If I had to choose between an Invisible illness or visible I’d chose: Visible, people would be more aware of it and not ask so many questions.
11. The hardest part to accept is: that this isn’t going away any time soon.
12. What do I do about school: well I obviously am not in school anymore and I don’t know whats going to happen with all this. Next semester I’ll most likely be doing online courses and i’ll make up credits i didn’t get this semester some how.
13. People would be surprised to know: I like painting my nails still but i’m very impatient with them drying.
14. Activity I miss is: Gymnastics, even though the season is over now it was really tough to finish the season and I wish I had had more energy to see my team compete at some big meets.
15. Things I’ve had to give up: gymnastics, school, anything involving standing
16. New hobbies: Well I’m not sure yet but something crafty :)
17. On good days I can: Go out to eat, hang out with my boyfriend, be on the computer, see a movie
18. On bad days I: sit on the couch in my PJ’s and watch TV or wishing I could sleep.
19. The Most frusterating part is: Many people think i’m faking it because I don’t know how to explain CFS. Its also frusterating not to be able to do everything I used to. ALSO, this isn’t an illness I can fight through. I can’t just stay strong and try and go about life as normal because when I try, I get knocked down.
20. No matter how much I sleep: I’m always tired. you know that feeling where you wake up and you feel totally refreshed? doesn’t happen to me anymore.

all i can do is push through this. and trust God because he has some kind of plan for my life. i just don’t know what that is yet…

No comments:

Post a Comment